2. Cover and chill 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove shrimp, chicken and beef from marinade. Thread on separate skewers,
using about 3 shrimp per skewer and 2 beef or chicken pieces per skewer.
Place on platter. Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
3. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat
broiler. Grill skewered meats until cooked through, about 3 minutes per
side. Line large platter with banana leaves. Place sauce in bowl in center
of platter. Surround with skewers.
4. Garnish with lime and flowers, if desired, and
For peanut sauce:
5. Place peanut butter in heavy medium saucepan.
Gradually mix in chicken broth. Add all remaining ingredients except lime
6. Stir over medium heat until smooth and thick,
about 6 minutes. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Before serving, stir over medium heat until hot, thinning with water if
7. Pour sauce into bowl and garnish with lime peel.
Makes about 3 cups.