2. Pour the wine and white wine vinegar over the
chicken and season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Cover and
marinate in the refrigerator for as long as possible, preferably
3. Carefully remove the chicken
pieces with a slotted spoon, draining well, and reserve the marinade.
4. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet, add the
shallots and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes,
turning, until browned all over. Reduce the heat and add half the reserved
5. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, adding more
marinade when necessary.
Add the balsamic vinegar and thyme and cook for a further 4 minutes.
6. Transfer to serving plates and serve with
polenta or rice.